For the second day in a row, schools in the national capital received bomb threat emails on Saturday. Security agencies are conducting search operations on the school premises. On Friday, as many as 30 schools received hoax bomb threats.
#WATCH | Delhi: Visuals from outside of DPS RK Puram - one of the schools that receive bomb threats, via e-mail, today morning pic.twitter.com/UrOddv8JnC
— ANI (@ANI) December 14, 2024
"We received a call about a bomb threat at Delhi Public School, RK Puram at 6.09am," a Delhi Fire Services official told PTI. The Ryan International School, Vasant Kunj has also received a similar email.
Delhi police, fire department, dog squads and bomb detection teams are conducting searches at respective school premises. A police official told PTI that nothing suspicious has been found till now in the searches.
According to police, the threat email was sent from the ID childrenofallah@outlook.com in the name of Barry Allah, ANI reported. In the email, the offender says, “Allah sees your efforts to resist his punishment. But they are futile. For no mortal being can escape the judgement of Allah.”
Also read
- Sanjay Raut: At least 120 killed in the New Delhi Railway Station stampede, Centre hiding true figures
- Is Parvesh Verma out of Delhi CM race? Rekha Gupta could emerge frontrunner as BJP appoints observer today
- Stampede horror: How porters at New Delhi railway station saved lives, became unsung heroes
- Was there an attempt to hide the New Delhi stampede? Delhi L-G's edited tweet draws flak
"We see your attempt to stop us. It will not work. The Prophet Muhammad has allowed the children to burn in the sacred flame of Allah," ANI reported quoting the email.
"On Saturday where students may not be there in your buildings, is when the buildings shall be brought down. Our bomb vests are blessed by the Prophet Muhammad. They shall not fail their goal. Our children are brave servants of Allah. They shall complete their task,” it said.
On Friday, as many as 30 schools received bomb threat emails and a police probe found they were hoaxes. South East Delhi Deputy Commissioner of Police Ravi Kumar Singh said the probe revealed that the emails were generated outside the country. Earlier on Monday, 44 schools in the national capital received bomb threat emails demanding a ransom of $30,000.